El Portal's population is 2,399 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of -4.23 percent. See all of our El Portal demographic data.
The median home cost in El Portal is $436,000. Home appreciation the last year has been -4.94 percent. Find more data on El Portal Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, El Portal's cost of living is 17.67% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on El Portal Cost of Living.
El Portal public schools spend $6,177 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 19 students per teacher in El Portal. Learn about El Portal Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in El Portal is 3.20 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. El Portal jobs have Increased by 2.92 percent. See our full report on El Portal Economy.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to El Portal:
- BARRY UNIVERSITY (about 3 miles; MIAMI, FL; Full-time enrollment: 5,780)
- MIAMI-DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 25,323)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 18 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 19 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
- KEISER COLLEGE (about 23 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; FT enrollment: 2,879)
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (about 28 miles; CORAL GABLES, FL; FT enrollment: 13,050)